I have been meaning to review this wonderful book for a while but I didn’t get the time to do that because of my exams but now I can finally fangirl over this book 🙂
I have this feeling of excitement whenever I start a retelling.I can’t really explain it but I didn’t expect much from this book because I DO NOT like the story of Cinderella.The magic shoe and the Prince just put me off, don’t even ask me why. And I hate the way the relation between stepsisters are presented.Not a big fan of that.
But I am glad that I had the chance to read this wonderful fairytale (which is not so much of a fairytale).
Things I Liked:
• The story or the fanfiction it’s based on.There is this sci-fi show that the Danielle (MC) loves and I loved it too surprisingly.
• The fact that both the sisters in this are not evil as opposed to the fairytale.Calliope is the nice one and Chloe is the stepsister.
• Sage is the best thing in this book! Compared to others,I loved her character so much.And Darien too.But I have to say that I am not a big fan of Elle.
• The cutesy orange food truck which sells vegan food.I don’t why but that truck is kind of stuck in my mind.
• I was in geek heaven most of the time I was reading.The convention, the movie references, the hardcore fangirling over something you love
Story-wise, I have to say that it might not offer something new but the way the story is told and amazing characters with a dash of cute and adorable romance makes this a perfect and fun read.
Author: Ashley Poston
Publisher: Quirk Books
Publication date: April 4th,2017
Part of a series?: Nope,a standalone
Geek girl Elle Wittimer lives and breathes Starfield, the classic sci-fi series she grew up watching with her late father. So when she sees a cosplay contest for a new Starfield movie, she has to enter. The prize? An invitation to the ExcelsiCon Cosplay Ball, and a meet-and-greet with the actor slated to play Federation Prince Carmindor in the reboot. With savings from her gig at the Magic Pumpkin food truck (and her dad’s old costume), Elle’s determined to win…unless her stepsisters get there first.
Teen actor Darien Freeman used to live for cons—before he was famous. Now they’re nothing but autographs and awkward meet-and-greets. Playing Carmindor is all he’s ever wanted, but the Starfield fandom has written him off as just another dumb heartthrob. As ExcelsiCon draws near, Darien feels more and more like a fake—until he meets a girl who shows him otherwise.
Ddi you read Geekerella? Let me know in the comments 💬
Follow me on
Goodreads ♦️ Twitter ♦️ Instagram ♦️ Pinterest ♦️ Facebook